Recipe created by Chef Don Hancey, WA Food Ambassador for Sweeter Banana at the Mandurah Crab Festival in 2019
- 4 x Carnarvon sweeter bananas, ready to eat 200ml caramel sauce
- 350ml cream, whipped to medium peaks
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, lightly toasted
- 6 meringue nests, roughly broken fresh mint for garnish
wattle seed sprinkle, optional
- Peel and slice bananas.
- In your serving glasses add layers of banana, cream, meringue and sauce.
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts, or any other of your favourite nuts.
- Garnish with fresh mint.
- Kids love making this desert
- Add a splash of your favourite liqueur to the whipped cream, could be a Swan Valley muscat, Manjimup cherry port or Karri honey whisky from the Great Southern!
- Best to make this desert just before serving